Paper Patterns for Hand Painting Signs, Logos and Murals
DDI Signs ® Paper Pounce Patterns are digitally printed and reusable.
Our stencils and paper pounce patterns are used to hand paint logos, lettering and graphics onto walls, floors and other surfaces.
Paint your schools mascot all over campus, paint a building mural or paint a logo on your basketball court or ice rink.
Paper Pounce Patterns, Pounce Stencil
Pounce Patterns for hand painting logos and graphics.
Advantages of DDI Signs® Paper Pounce Patterns:
- Digitally printed – not hand drawn.
- High quality pounce paper – NOT BROWN KRAFT PAPER.
- Pounce patterns are REUSABLE.
- We print a grid on our patterns for easy alignment of tiled panels.
- No size limit – large logos printed in tiled panels.
- Used to paint logos on multiple surfaces and wall murals.
- Light weight and easy to handle.
- We provide a color print out to assist installers handling the painting.
- To scale layout proof provided before production for approval.
- Fast turn around and delivery.
- Best of all they are AFFORDABLE!
Now available up to 60″ wide tiled panels.
Paper pounce patterns have been used by Sign Painters for decades. Most notably as a way to transfer images, logos and lettering to several kinds of surfaces for hand painting them. Before digitally printed graphics existed if you had to paint a mural on a wall it was either transferred using a grid and hand tracing or using a light projector and tracing it.
Even with all of today’s technologies sometimes it is still better to paint a job by hand. The painting will last longer and for some applications it is the only way to produce it in a cost effective way.
Pre inkjet printers Sign Painters used this method for almost every kind of sign they produced from giant bill boards to window lettering and small office signs.
Today Paper Pounce Patterns are used mainly for large wall murals, window lettering and floor applications. We specialize in pounce patterns for Large Wall Murals, Basketball Court Floor Logos and Lettering and In Ice Logo Stencils. Our pounce patterns can also be used for painting murals or logos on the side of buildings, windows, and interior wall graphics. Schools use our patterns to paint logos and mascots thru out there building.
For example a school wants to paint there logo or mascot all over the school grounds, cinder block walls in the Gymnasium, on the Basketball court floor for a center face off circle logo.
- The customer supplies the desired logo, wording or mascot in a digital file that is Vector. This means the file is a line file and not a bitmap or raster file.
- Then the file is sized in graphic software to the finished size to be printed out. We include a grid pattern on this for easy alignment.
- We digitally print the file out on a water fast paper.
- The image is perforated with an electric pounce that burns tiny holes in the paper that follow the image that was printed.
- Then the paper pounce pattern is taken to the job site and positioned where you want to paint. Tape the pattern into position and use the chalk bags to tap on the pattern where the perforated holes are. Do this for the entire pattern making sure you do not miss an area. When you a re sure this has been done, remove the Paper Pounce Pattern.
- There will be a ghost image from the chalk outlining your logo, lettering or mascot.
- Now it is time to hand paint your graphics. Pattern can be reused so you can paint the same image on different surfaces.
DDI Signs ® custom paper pounce stencils are preferred by professional installers worldwide. Our high quality ice stencils and sports logo patterns have been used by Professional and Amateur Sports Teams for over 20 years. We are not just a digital print company, we actually hand paint sports logos and ice logos so we understand the process and the need for high quality materials. Our paper pounce patterns are reusable so they are cost effective for rink specialists and floor logo installers that prefer to hand paint there graphics.
- We need VECTOR files – Adobe Illustrator Ai, EPS or Corel Draw.
- All files must have fonts converted to outlines.
- * NO raster/bitmap images. Website images are not acceptable.