So it is time for you to put in a new sheet of ice for your rink. Below are your options and the pros and cons of each product.
DDI Signs® is a leader in the Ice Rink Industry providing innovative, creative, and original solutions that are designed and manufactured to meet the specialty needs of ice rink professionals.
Ice Logo Products and Solutions
Making your visions come to ice!
DDI Signs ® has been providing digital in ice logos and under ice graphics for over 30 years. Because of this our IceFab ® ice rink products are preferred by ice maintenance professionals worldwide.
We are a leader in the ice rink industry providing innovative, creative, and original solutions. Also our products are designed and manufactured to meet the specialty needs of ice rink professionals and hockey rinks.
In Ice Logo Stencils
Paper Pounce Patterns for Hand Painting Under ice logos.
- Pros: Good for simple logos and lettering.
- Cons: Requires the purchase of Ice Paint. Also takes a great deal of time depending on how many logos you have to paint and how many colors needed. Requires hand painting skills. Also requires ice painting equipment.
- Logo file supplied must be an Adobe Illustrator Vector line file .ai or .eps (NOTE: can not use bitmaps)
- An outline of the ice logo is printed on high-quality paper, also with a grid for alignment.
- Ice stencil is perforated by hand with an electronic pounce machine. Resulting in tiny holes burned into the paper and creates an outline of the logo.
- Larger ice logos are printed in tiled panels. The panels are taped together for installation.
- At the rink, the Ice Logo Stencil is placed in position and lightly tacked down the corners.
- Next take the Pounce Chalk Bag and tap the pattern/ ice logo stencil where the perforations are.
- Carefully lift the ice logo pattern off and it leaves a chalk outline.
- Finally, hand paint the ice logos and graphics using ice paint.
Mesh Ice Graphics
Digitally Printed Fabric Mesh. Frozen under the ice surface.
- Pros: Reusable Ice Logos. Easily installed. Photographic quality. Unlimited colors. Durable Mesh Fabric. Affordable and most notably saves hours of labor. NO NEED TO BUY ICE PAINT AND ICE STENCILS!
- Cons: Initial cost, BUT is more cost effective over time for reusable ice logo installs. Also if you consider the labor costs of hand painting, a Mesh Ice Graphic ends up being cheaper.
Fabric Ice Logos
Premium Textile Fabric Graphics. Frozen under the ice surface.
- Pros: Reusable fabric ice graphics. Easily installed. Photographic quality. Unlimited colors. Absorbent Fabric. Affordable and most notably saves hours of labor. NO NEED TO BUY ICE PAINT AND ICE STENCILS!
- Cons: Initial cost is a bit higher than Ice Mesh BUT is more cost effective over time for reusable fabric ice graphic installs. Also if you consider the labor costs of hand painting, a Fabric Ice Logo ends up being cheaper.
We Understand Deadlines.
DDI Signs understands tight deadlines that the industry faces and have proven that we can stand up to the challenge. Resulting in quick turnaround with reliable Nationwide Shipping.
We ship our ice marking products Nationwide.
“Making Your Visions Come To Ice”™